Saturday, September 12, 2015

Poor Pollyanna


Dear Miss Lisa,

So I started talking to a guy online and we decided to meet at a local restaurant.  I spent all day getting ready and arrived a couple of minutes late.  Since he wasn't there yet, I went ahead and sat at a table in anticipation of our dinner date.

He never showed up.

Do you think I was too late and missed him?  It was only 5 minutes.  I kept ordering drinks and felt uncomfortable the whole time, I felt like all eyes in the restaurant were on me... it was unnerving.  I texted him countless times but he never answered them.

What did I do wrong?

Sincerely,
Poor Paula

Dear Poor Paula,
I am re-naming you Poor Pollyanna.  Your innocence of the dating world is obvious.  I can answer your questions with two words - Go Home.

If your date doesn't show up after 15 minutes then a text or phone call to find out where he is always justified and warranted.  If you don't get an answer, don't sit there feeling like a fool for one more minute, get up and walk out.  You have been stood up.  It's not the end of the world, it just feels like it.  Also, "countless texts" are never a good idea, they make you look (and feel) weak, which you are not!

This man backed out, for whatever reason, and didn't have the decency to call or text you to be honest in the first place.  Shame on him and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits.  Karma is a b**ch and will bite him where it counts someday.

Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and move on to the next future date.  In the meantime, take more time getting to know the other person before agreeing to meet up.  You'll save yourself some grief by not being in a hurry and it will pay off in the end.  Now go get 'em, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment