Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sexting - Bashful or Bold?


Dear Miss Lisa,
So... I have a boyfriend and we used to sext all the time.  Then we had a few fallouts but now we are back together and in a strong relationship.  I really wanna start sexting again and I really think he wants to, too.  But I'm not sure and I'm not sure how I would ask.
So what I'm asking is how would I go about asking him or should I just initiate it?

Regards,
Undecided Ursula

Dear UrsulaYouSexyThing,

I used to not be a proponent of "sexting" (talking sexy by text) but my attitude has changed over the years.  It is a great way to set the stage for sex and keep the passion alive.  We all have cell phones with us everywhere we go, so why not keep the home fires burning?

Since you are already in a committed relationship, the answer is easy-peasy.  When you're comfortable, try texting something slightly suggestive such as "can't wait for tonight" and see how your boyfriend reacts.  If his reaction is positive, take it a step further by being a little bolder.

I would, however, have a deeper conversation in person as soon as possible so that you two can exchange ideas about what is okay and what is a turn-off.  The only way to truly learn about someone's desires and dreams is to ask, right?!

I will share a little secret passed down to me...  Have your boyfriend/husband take you to a nice restaurant and right before it's time to order dessert shyly whisper to him across the table "I'm not wearing any panties..."  It's at the top of the list of anyone that's done it before!

Whether we are in a committed relationship or married, we should do all we can to keep the passion alive!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you that we need to do our best to keep the passion alive! Me and my boyfriend used to sext all the time before and it really kept the passion alive. We couldn't wait to see each other... but I noticed that things have changed now because we are both working full-time and we use our phones for work calls etc. so it gets weird. Also, I once read a story on www.girlsaskguys.com about sexting while at work which didn't end well because apparently, a colleague accidentally read part of the message and it was uncomfortable. Ever since I am very scared of sexting to my boyfriend but I really miss receiving those messages... :/ I am not really sure what to do about it but I guess we just need to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too bad that work interferes! Would there be a way to each of you setting up the other as a 2nd contact with a different name? That way it wouldn't be 'accidentally read' by a co-worker. There's always good ole' fashioned email, though not as sexy. Thank you for writing!

      Delete
    2. That is too bad that work interferes! Would there be a way to each of you setting up the other as a 2nd contact with a different name? That way it wouldn't be 'accidentally read' by a co-worker. There's always good ole' fashioned email, though not as sexy. Thank you for writing!

      Delete