Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Gut Knows Best

Dear Miss Lisa,
A man wrote me a lengthy message on one of the dating sites.  He was so excited to read my profile, thought I was pretty, said we had a bunch of things in common and guess what, he's a lawyer!
My gut is screaming that something is wrong with this picture.  Is there?
signed,
My Gut Is Screaming

Dear Gut Buster,
Your gut screaming at you that something is wrong means it needs your immediate attention, every time.  Never ignore it or you can expect the worst outcome.  Call it your conscience, God's will, your past experiences, the Holy Spirit, whatever, bells going off in your head means pay attention and don't dismiss them.

Before you go out with him, whether it's meeting for drinks or dinner, spend more time with him online and find out more about him.  He could be Mr. Smooth-talker, Mr. Married Four Times, Mr. Still Married or Mr. Pervert.  I know from my own dating experiences that my gut/instincts are the best way to fly and won't serve me wrong.

Now go and ask him some pointed questions and don't be afraid to move on if his answers are vague.  Be sure to come back and let us know how it went!


No comments:

Post a Comment